Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The ACCEPTANCE of a Skeptic

The ACCEPTANCE of a Skeptic:

I accept evolution because of my trust in the multitude of scientists who have studied it and successfully used it to make other discoveries, rather than creationism which is full of logical flaws.

I accept the warnings of climatologists and meteorologists who predict the weather based on scientific principles, rather than politicians who deny their warnings based on the profits of their supporters.

I accept astronomy, which has shown us wonders of the universe the human eye alone could never see, rather than astrology which claims to predict erratic events on Earth by the unvarying movements of the planets.

I accept vaccinations, because they have been successful in wiping out diseases that killed, rather than the fears of real side effects which are negligible both in numbers and severity, or hysteria over imagined side effects that have been proven baseless.

I accept the natural, which can be observed and repeated and understood, rather than the supernatural which is unpredictable and has no rational explanation.

I accept responsibility for what happens to me, rather than blame it on superstitions which have no connections between cause and effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home