Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The FAITH of an Atheist

The FAITH of an Atheist:

I have faith in the hundreds of scientists and technicians who are experts in their fields, rather than one error-riddled book.

I have faith in medical procedures that typically have success rates more than 90%, rather than prayer, which typically has a success rate less than 1%.

I have faith in satellites, which can tell me in seconds where I am within 40 inches, rather than a burning bush, which leaves me wandering in wilderness for 40 years.

I have faith in my own morality, which tells me all people should be treated with respect, rather than a creed that for millenia has supported slavery, racism, sexism, and cruelty.

I have faith in television, which can give a message simultaneously to everyone interested in listening, rather than angels who can only deliver messages to individuals.

I have faith in telephones, which can transmit my exact words to any other human, rather than a Spirit who can only communicate vague feelings, only to the chosen few.

I have more faith in the Internet, which is admitted to contain some errors, but with care can give me accurate information on anything I ask, than I do in any religion which insists it is perfect, and that I must follow its rules without question.

I have faith in life, where I can grow, help others, and have the joy of accomplishment, rather than insubstantial promises of a sterile existence after death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home